Saturday 1 April 2017

Crochet an Easter Chick - Cadbury Creme Egg Size!

So its nearly Easter, and I thought I would share with you my crochet pattern for some Easter chicks which fit a Cadbury's Creme Egg (or similar sized egg eg. Lindt). They make a perfect Easter gift and take no time at all



Please note: I have written the pattern in a way that is easy to follow for a beginner


Easter chick:

You will need:

1 x ball of yellow (or brown) DK wool (or scraps)
Black DK wool 
Orange felt
Crochet hook 3.5mm (play around depending on your tension)
Scissors
Darning needle
Glue gun (or superglue)
Cadbury's Creme egg (or Lindt or similar)

NB: Throughout, at the end of each row ch1, turn and work back along into the 2nd chain from the hook (even if not stated)
UK terms

Step 1 (body):

Chain 23
Row 2: DC into 2nd chain from hook and in every chain till the end, ch1 and turn (22 sts)
Row 3: DC into each chain (2nd chain) to the end, ch1 and turn 
Row 4: Repeat row 3, ch1 and turn
Row 5: DC into each stitch, increasing in the first and last stitch of the row until you have 32sts (ie. 2 x DC into first and last stitch)





Step 2 (head):
Row 1: Join yarn to 12th DC and ch1, DC into the next 9 DC, ch1and turn (10 sts)
Row 2-3: DC working in the 2nd chain from the hook in these 10sts, ch1 and turn (don't forget the 10th stitch)
Break of yarn
Step 3:
With right sides facing, fold in half and sew up the sides, top and head, leaving the base open.  Secure and cut off all threads. Turn inside out



Step 4:
Using the black wool, place 2 x stitches as eyes (I just went in from behind and weaved under and over, then tied loose wool in head

Step 5:
Using orange felt cut a square piece, fold in half and using a glue gun place as the beak
Step 6:
Place your chocolate egg of chose in the base




Hope you found this easy to follow, I would love to see any pictures of those that make some.  Post in the comments below, or on my Facebook page, on Instagram, or finally Tweet me

Happy Easter to you all 👯

Thanks for reading








3 comments:

  1. These are so cute!! I think I need to learn how to crochet by next easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I promise they are perfect for beginners x

      Delete
  2. These are so cute. I'm passing them onto my mum.

    ReplyDelete

How I Got Through the Last 6 weeks with a Fractured Ankle

So I have been quiet on here over the last few months, to be honest I thought I would have loads of time to blog having found myself...