Thursday 26 January 2017

From Cumbria with Love - First Blog Post!!!

So I have sat and debated on what, how and when to write my first blog post.  Troubled over whether it will be liked.  Then I told myself, you just have to bite the bullet and do it.  I know it won't be perfect but its a starting point.  So here goes....

Who am I ?

So I am Kath, a 41 year old mum to three I(18), L(16) and C(9), and married to Simon.  I work full time as a Nursing Lead (and Registered Manager) for a Charity.  I love my job, so rewarding and a privilege to work with my client base.  I was born and brought up until my early 20's in Bury, Lancashire.  I went to Nursing College in Manchester, lived in "The Nurses Home"- loved it, made some great friends and gained some life experiences.  On qualifying I worked at the hospital where I trained, where I met my husband - a Physio.  A few years down the line and with our wedding looming, we made a decision to move to Cumbria, my hubby's home County.  We moved to the beautiful village of Caldbeck, close to my future in-laws whom farmed there (and still to this day).  Its funny I never imagined myself away from the City, in a village where everybody knew everybody, and I certainly didn't ever imagine myself helping out on the farm.  I never really did get the hang of milking cows, however I like to think I was a helpful asset to the thriving B&B.

I have lived in Cumbria now for 19 years (albeit not in Caldbeck), family and work life meant a move to Penrith, a beautiful market town close to the M6.  I had all my 3 children here in Cumbria, and I have climbed the career ladder, and to be honest wouldn't change any of it. Simon and I have our own hobbies, but we also enjoy time together, we especially love being out and about in the countryside, seeking out Geocaches, and sampling a pint or two on the way.  I am a novice crocheter finding my way around patterns, spending hours watching Bella Coco's videos.  I also admit that I am a brass band geek!!  I play with a local brass band, we mainly compete and I love it!  Simon is Manager of our local Ladies Football team (who I should point out are having a great season).

Simon and I with the kids

 

The Boundary Walk 2016

 

Why blog?

So why did I decide to blog.  I have spent many months reading other bloggers posts, it was actually my youngest daughter who got me hooked, herself being a fan of vloggers.  I'm a huge fan of The Ingham Family of Five, Mummy Daddy Me, Mrs Meldrum, Sprinkle of Glitter, Emily Norris, Attic 24 and Bella Coco, it made me think I could do that, share my life adventures and create an online diary as such.  

I made the suggestion to my family, I did think they might laugh at me, but I was greeted with only positivity.  I asked them to help with a name, having debated a few quite honestly they were naff.  'A Mum from Cumbria', 'Buried in Penrith' (a play on words) were suggestions which were played around with, until I pointed out that 'I wasn't just a Mum from Cumbria' and that as they say was that.  The blog name 'Not Just a Mum from Cumbria' was born, in a bid for me to attempt to show you all that high's and low's of my life


I plan to blog our adventures either as a family or not, lifestyle goings on and general family life.  I'll post pictures of our fun and games too

So that's me in a nutshell.  Let me know any comments you have. 

Thanks for reading, see you soon


No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Got Through the Last 6 weeks with a Fractured Ankle

So I have been quiet on here over the last few months, to be honest I thought I would have loads of time to blog having found myself...