Monday 20 March 2017

Update: My Exciting weekend



So you may all be wondering how I got on last weekend (I suppose only those that read my post!) My Exciting Weekend






Well here goes.  So I hope I explained in my previous post the logistics of it all.  We were drawn number 3 (out of 8), so not too long a wait, albeit a nervy one.  We had a short rehearsal in the hotel bar in the morning.  Yes the hotel bar you heard right, we certainly created an atmosphere, not one the lads from the previous nights stag party appreciated though! 




We head to our holding area, the registration cards are handed out to players.  Instrument, check, music, check, so all ready to go.  A short wait after registration and we were onto the stage.  It is one of those stages where you can't see out into the audience, a blessing for some nervous types.  All set, everyone comfortable and off we go.

We put in a great performance and once we played headed off to the pub.  Yes a true attribute of all bandsmen.  A patient wait for the results, a catch up with good friends.  Results are in and we came 3rd.  Not enough for a trip to the National Finals in Cheltenham this year, but when you look back at where we have come from in just over 12 months, we have made huge strides in the banding world, and have so much more to offer.  So not dwelling on disappointment and onwards and upwards, we enjoyed a very mush deserved night in Durham, eating and drinking and oh so many giggles. 



A great weekend, not the result maybe we wanted, but a great weekend.

Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Got Through the Last 6 weeks with a Fractured Ankle

So I have been quiet on here over the last few months, to be honest I thought I would have loads of time to blog having found myself...